Friday 1 February 2008

Saturday was my Whitehorse group's first Stampin 6 Meeting

Lots of fun. Created some cute cards- see below:

The first card/project was a Valentines Bag Topper using some materials from the current SU! Valentines promotion- I know I saw a similar style out there somewhere and thought so cute! I changed some colours to match candies as they were a gift from me to the girls as they support breast cancer. I used some of the other supplies from the promotion on other cards.

Stamps: Double Line Doodles, Happy Heart Day
Ink: Basic Black, Rose Red, Taken With Teal, Certainly Celery
Paper: Taken With Teal, Whisper White, Rose Red, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Medium Cellophane bags, tag punches, 1/2" circle punch, black hemp

This card is multiple layers. The mouse tail was crazy!! I saw it done elsewhere and it is finicky but great rewards I think... I sent away to a young man that has my heart for Valentines :)

The second card was so much fun! I saw it done on a web-a-sode and was so excited to try. The interlocking envelope close with silver embossed hearts. The card can be loose or attached inside. I was so excited to use the new Always set from SU! as the images are adorable and so trendy! I think I will keep this one awhile for an example!!!

Stamps: Always
Ink: Versamark, Blue Bayou, Wild Wasabi
Paper: Porcelain Prints DS, River Rock, Very Vanilla, Blue Bayou
Accessories: 1/2" circle punch, Silver embossing powder

The third card was inspired by a design I saw and borrowed the general idea but simplified a great deal for class purposes. The little birds in A Little Birdie Told Me are so cute! The heart is dry embossed. I mailed this one out to another special little man in my life who sounded like a bird about a year ago LOL... Unfortunately it had a wee accident with a very apologetic lady in class but still sweet so I sent out... happy Valentines my little baby eagle xo

Stamps: A Little Birdie Told Me, Short & Sweet
Ink: Basic Black, Rose Red
Paper: Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose. Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Regal Rose Ribbon, Priceless Brass Template

The forth card was using emboss resist technique. I had to use all the images in Always so the rest not used before are used here. I mailed this to my sister in law for her birthday - like me she was born close to Valentines Day- a fellow Aquarius- so Valentinesy is appropriate.

Stamps: Always
Ink: Pretty in Pink craft, Close to Cocoa, Soft Sky
Paper: Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink craft, Soft Sky, Berry Bliss DS
Accessories: 1 1/4" circle punch, Clear embossing powder, Build a Brad, 1/2" circle punch

Now to figure out which card to give the big love in my life for Valentines ;)

No comments: