Thursday 20 March 2008

Making the Most of the Close the Loop Kit

I had been thinking of these kits and batches for along time. I had done the three at Christmas and just loved them see here. This particular one was definitely inspired by Patty though as she is amazingly talented and you may want to look at her examples here and here.... Because she was so thorough I was able to explain to you better how to utilize this product better. Thanks Patty!

As promised here are as many samples as I could use cardstock from The Close the Loop Kit. There were still tons of left over stickers and designer paper. As most of my gals are new and do not have tons of stamps I opted for simplicity with a lot of rub ons and using just a few punches ... 17 cards from the kit.... almost exactly what I promised in the write up here...

And as I had asked you to open your minds in a prior email this kit from SU! is a wedding kit... but all of these cards could be used for multiple occasions and the kit definitely does not limit itself to wedding cards and layouts. Little tricks like punching out areas of the stickers that were wedding and keeping the image of a flower.... And my favourite twist "I do, I do.... love you... Now you try ;)



Stamps: So Many Scallops (I just love this set - too bad ladies it is retired now- maybe they will bring into next catalogue)
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Paper: Simply Scrappin Tie the Knot (DS paper, 12x12 Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla, Kraft, 3 sheets of self-adhesive die cuts)
Accessories: various rub ons (all SU! retired and current including the ones from the Occasions Mini and cherished memories) white Signo pen, Stylized Hodge Podge, rhinestone brads, Chocolate Chip poly twill ribbon, twill ribbon, Vanilla, White & Chocolate Chip Taffeta ribbon, Certainly Celery 1/4” grosgrain ribbon, retired satin chocolate chip ribbon, Scallop Punch, 1 3/8" and 1" Circle Punch, word window punch, 5-petal flower punch, designer label punch, small oval punch, clear micro beads

Now, can you see how endless the possibilities are with this SU! kit????? I did not even get to stamps which opens up hundreds of new ideas - plus I limited myself as much as possible to the kit so you can easily duplicate the look. I just scratched the surface! And any Simply Scrappin Kit is about the same with its options. With the
Simply Scrappin Kit you can make twice as many cards but my kit "The Close the Loop Kit" you get ribbon, embellishments and punches too....

Don't forget to let me know what you create with this set...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did a great job on this kit, thanks for sharing it.
Heather Fritzke